Greetings to everybody!
After some timeout, I am happy to announce the next round of Designer Challenge! And like it is stated in the title, the theme is winter, the joyous season of holidays.
I have to apologise however, because it is mostly based on the ''typical'' winter of the colder areas, with chill and snow (sorry to the southern hemisphere where it is summer now) and set mainly around Christmas as the most well known winter holiday. But on the other hand, I tried to make it festive and joyful anyway, so may you be merry and happy, whatever you celebrate at this time of the year!
Since there are some new participants (as well as the old ones; momo5522
, you are mostly welcome if you are still willing to continue), I shall post the rules, just in case
The rules are quite simple:
Every round there is a new theme, and each participant gets a personal task within it.
The aim is to design an outfit inspired by your assigned theme. Let your creativity shine, use as many drag&drops as you can, make your entry absolutely gorgeous and unique! And if you are on good terms with any graphic editor or drawing program, you can use these too.
You should keep the skin tone, face features and hair colour of your model. The rest is up to you: you can change the hairstyle and lips/lipstick and use any colours you find suitable to represent your assigned theme the best.
In your picture's description, you should tag me (Arrelline
) and other participants, so that would be easier to keep an eye on your entries
. Also, if you submit to Different-Art
, please put your creations to "Weekly challenges" folder.
Also for this round, everyone receives two pictures.
The first of them is your assigned theme, which you are required to make. You can take inspiration in other pictures if you do not like yours one, but please stay within your theme.
While the second one is just a random picture (mostly ornaments) I thought might fit you or your model in some way. If you like it, you can design an outfit based on it as well. If you do not like it, it is all right.
But please let me know whether you like or do not like your pictures (both of them), because I would like to know more about your preferences to understand you better.
So let us start!
As usual, there is my take at the theme. Good news is that I have got my computer working again (the best Christmas present ever!), but the bad news is that I did not have enough of free time to make a drag&drop outfit and thus had to limit with a really quick doodle done in drawing program.
My chosen theme was Christmas decorations, so here is Lirelanta is a dress made out of the marvellous blown glass ball with watery pattern.
– your theme is snowflakes (they are so elegant and fragile)
And the picture for you is of a sweet Sugar Plum Fairy Christmas ornament (if you do not mind pink and purple colours)
– your theme is a Christmas tree (because you are so good at decoration)
And the picture for you is of a luxurious Christmas stocking (the pattern would make a gorgeous and regal gown)
– your theme is Christmas crackers (because you like fun)
And the picture for you is of a bright and colourful hummingbird ornament
– your theme is ice skating (Harmony would look wonderful in this outfit)
And the picture for you is of colourful handmade bird decorations (because you make your figurines yourself; it also reminded me of Sally from ''Nightmare before Christmas'' that you seem to like)
– your theme is spiced tea (because you made Rowan a ''spicy character'')
And the picture for you is of Mickey Mouse Christmas cookies (because you like Disney so much)
– your theme is a Christmas fireplace (bright and festive, and with fire from your username)
And the picture for you is of a fancy Christmas bell decoration (with some blue colour that you like)
– your theme is sparklers (because light of any kind is what your Tesni reminds me of)
And the picture for you is of a nicely decorated ball ornament (you said you like blue and yellow)
– your theme is a Christmas wreath (greenery to go with natural air of your model)
And the picture for you is of an opulently adorned ball decoration (reminding of nature and tropics)
– your theme is wintry scenery (but with some light and warm)
And the picture for you is of this wonderful handmade ball decoration (it is natural and it is called ''witch ball'')
– your theme is a snow globe (you can use any other pictures as your inspiration)
And the picture for you is of a splendid ball ornament (of purple colour and with a butterfly)
– your theme is The Nutcracker fairytale (you can take inspiration from the ballet as well)
And the picture for you is of this majestic ball decoration (it just looks so regal)
– your theme is candy cane (because you seem to get along with shades of red)
And the picture for you is of a gingerbread house glass ornament (pink and lilac, and reminds me of Sugar Rush)
– the theme for you is Christmas stockings (they are fun and cosy)
And the picture for you is of a unique ball decoration, I hope it is original enough to suit you
– your theme is bullfinch (they arrive to the north in winter, to our countries too)
And the picture for you is of a handmade reindeer decoration (it is handmade and it is a deer, both are nice for you)
– your theme is gingerbread biscuits (brown and white would go nicely with Azel's appearance)
And the picture for you is of this gorgeous ball ornament (it looks very festive and even royal)
– your theme is Christmas presents (given and received all around the world, in your country too)
And the picture for you is of a lovely glass ball with lavender pattern (its calm colours would suit Trinity)
– your theme is mandarines (so bright and warm, fitting for a cold season)
And the picture for you is of an ornate glass ball decoration (on the cold side of winter)
– your theme is Christmas lights (festive at any season)
And the picture for you is of a colourful Christmas wreath (because I heard that you like blue colour)
– your theme is Christmas bell (this one is unique enough to fit with your model)
And the picture for you is of a very neat ball decoration (the colours remind me of your model's country of origin)
– your theme is greeting card (I am so curious about how you would design it)
And the picture for you is this amazing ball ornament with wonderful colours and pattern
– your theme is Christmas candles (you can look for another if you feel this one to be too plain)
And the picture for you is of an adorable heart glass decoration with doves (because sweet and caring is what I used to think of Althea thanks to her occupation)
So, here are your themes, good luck in bringing them into your incredible designs!
If you have any questions or want to make something clear, please do not hesitate to ask!
And, the most of all, have fun with it! T'is the season to be jolly! May you be safe and well, and have a merry Christmas, happy New Year and the most wonderful time!